Saturday, February 13, 2010

Where did he come from?

I am talking about Manning, my five year old, robust, loving, stubborn, outspoken, opinionated five year old. I must say he does get a lot of his traits honestly ( I won't say from which side of the family however). He is just never ending with his points of view. He cracks me up every day, actually throughout the day.

With the many snowstorms that have battered us in the north-east, Manning and I have spent now, 8 days together 24/7. There have been times I have wanted to kill him over the past week, but i am sure he would tell you the same about me.

First off, I should start by reminding everyone that Manning is the baby of three boys. My oldest is month's away from turning 16, and the other is almost 13. From day one, this child has been coddled and spoiled, not by us, his loving parents, but by his older brothers. They would let him get away with anything, he could do no wrong in their eyes. They yelled at anyone for disciplining him, even the babysitters. Nobody and I mean nobody messed with "their baby". I can tell you now that this loving relationship has become not so loving since the child has grown and now has opinions and thoughts of his own. He is just not so cute to them anymore, in fact he is very annoying, or so they tell me.

Why the background, you ask? Because I blame those two elder son's for creating the little five year old monster.

Last night as my husband, Manning and myself were driving home from the mall and we all were talking. Mike and I in front and Manning in the back in his car seat (yes, he is almost six and still in a carseat, I am a worrying mother that also happens to be a nurse married to a paramedic)I was talking about how I needed to finish up the laundry when we returned home from spending money we didn't have. Although I did purchase the avia fitness rocker tennies. I wore them for an hour and my butt looks like so hot!!!! NOT!!!! Anyway, Manning decided to put his two cents in on this conversation that went a little something like this;

Manning; Mom you do all the housework all the time, you do everything while dad just sits on his butt

Me; Wow Manning, I didn't know you made observations like this. What kinds of things does mommy do at home?

Mike; smirk

Manning; You cook, clean, do the dishes, sweep, do the laundry.........

Me; Daddy helps with the laundry sometimes.

Manning; Uh! NOT very often!!!!

Me; So what kind of duties do you think we should give daddy around the house

Manning; Everything (overexaggerated and with dramatization with the hands) he can do all the work while you sit on your butt and watch!!!!!

Mike; Not smirking anymore, more of a OMG where did this kid come from look

Me; Wow that is a great idea. How long do I get to sit on my butt?

Manning; Til I am grown up and gone

Mike and I; hysterically laughing

This conversation sooooo made up for all the times I wanted to kill him the past 8 days. I told Mike, "this kid is soooooo on my team and not yours" He loves, loves his mommy. And to top the night off, the final conversation in bed went something like this (yes, he sleeps in bed with us, right smack dab in the middle)

Me; Manning do you want to go to my meeting with me tomorrow or stay here with your brothers

Manning; I want to go with you, I don't care how early I have to get up, I am not staying with them!!!!!

Me; OK go to sleep, we have to get up early

Manning; continuing to blab on

Mike; Manning, go to sleep I have to get up early for work

Manning; Dad, you just have to go to work and save people's lives, MOM AND I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING TO GO TO!!!!!!!!!

Oh how I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Africa '07

Africa '07
Zambia

About Me

My photo
This blog is to supplement material taught in the musculo-skeletal section of Adult Health Nursing. Many resources are available including research based evidence practice guidelines and live links.