Friday, May 9, 2008

Ethiopia Here We Come, hopefully

Well, we have decided to adopt from Ethiopia. This was our original country we were going to adopt from until a lady talked us into going to Zambia. Well, in December, adoptions were suspended in Zambia and no one knew how long it would take for them to re-open. We found out yesterday that the suspension was lifted but no one knows for sure the stipulation's with the new procedure.

We have signed with Hope Adoption Agency out of Missouri. We think this is a great agency. We have NO MONEY for this adoption, but are just stepping out in faith that the Lord will provide. I just got a part-time job as a Nurse Practitioner at in the ER at WVU Hospital. I currently teach nursing at Fairmont State University and make less than an RN (Pretty sad!) but it is worth it to be able to have a lot of time off with the kids and summer's free. This part time job will hopefully fund our adoption. I am going to be working full time in the summer and one 12 hour shift per week when I am teaching. I am also doing orphan sermon's around our area, selling textbook's on Amazon, and selling baby clothes at a consignment shop as a way to fundraise for the adoption.

We have decided to tell no one about this adoption until our child actually arrives. I think that's the only way we will believe it is happening also. After the disaster in Zambia we thought it would be safer to tell no one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Africa '07

Africa '07
Zambia

About Me

My photo
This blog is to supplement material taught in the musculo-skeletal section of Adult Health Nursing. Many resources are available including research based evidence practice guidelines and live links.