Monday, August 25, 2008

Revelation's and forgetfulness!!!!

Well, I have already screwed up my Monday fasting and praying. Not the praying part, just the fasting. I ate some chinese rice mix, totally forgot about the fasting I was supposed to start today, however I have prayed and worshiped today. So starting now, at 9am I will begin the fasting. Please join in this Monday fast and prayer for orphan's in the world. Carolyn, a lady that I totally admire is such a Godly woman. She has been doing the Monday fast and prayer for a while and invited everyone interested through her blog to join her. She was amazed at the overwhelming response. Her blog is listed in one of my favorites below. It is the stich that makes the sweater perfect.

I have been talking to Carolyn a lot lately, as my husband and I have been looking into adopting a HIV positive child. As medical professional's, it is not the medical part we are worried about, but the social stigma that will go along with it. I had pretty much thought that it probably wouldn't be a good choice for our family due to the social aspect's we would have to deal with. Again, putting ourselves first and ignoring the calling of God. I have been praying diligently for guidance from the Lord in this decision and without any answer, I decided not to move forward. That was until the sermon Pastor Keith delivered yesterday morning. I know it came from God and was directed to me. He talked about how we all pray that God will use us and ask Him to show us where he needs us. He pretended there were three groups around him. A group of orphan's, widows, and poor. He kept stepping over them as they were in his way as he was asking God to show him where he was needed. I cried during the entire sermon. I knew my answer had come. Pastor Keith also said we want to help and do God's work, but only when it fits in with our life, when it's convenient for us. He said oh! we want to adopt the healthy blue eyed, blonde child, but what about the sick orphan's, the disfigured orphan's? Now how is that for answered prayer's. So once again we are looking into the HIV adoption. I will add a post about HIV soon, to try to educate on this virus. I am actually shocked how little people know about this virus. My neighbor still thought it was possible to acquire it by kissing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Africa '07

Africa '07
Zambia

About Me

My photo
This blog is to supplement material taught in the musculo-skeletal section of Adult Health Nursing. Many resources are available including research based evidence practice guidelines and live links.