I just thought about this and like a bad blogger totally forgot. Morgan had been on me for the entire week before homecoming about ordering the corsage(I think thats how it's spelled) for Alexis. I kept telling him I would get it ordered in plenty of time. She was wearing silver and he wanted me to order the color of the baby roses Ivory. Well Thursday night I was stressing over a huge test I had the next day. Mike went shopping at Wal-Mart and brought me home three roses wrapped up from there, they were a mixture between orange and red, fully bloomed and large, with the full stems attached. Morgan was already asleep when he got home from Wal-Mart. The next morning I was still in bed and Morgan was getting ready to leave for school. He tapped me on my shoulder and had the (sorry Mike) ugly roses in his hand. He said "what are these?" I looked at him half asleep and said "Oh, that is Alexis' corsage. I thought he was going to drop dead right there! His jaw dropped farther than I have ever seen it in his life and with the most horrified look on his face, said "They are supposed to go on her wrist and their orange!!!" I replied "Oh really" and proceeded to tell him I would just cut the giant buds and affix them to something so that they would fit on her wrist. And so before he had a giant kiniption fit, waking up the rest of the family, I burst out laughing. Man, I love being a mom and Oh, how I enjoy torturing my teenage son. I have to admit this teenage thing is much more fun than I thought it would be:)
Here is an idea of the horrified look:

And here are what the roses looked like:
No comments:
Post a Comment