Well, Halloween was fun, glad it's over:) And many of you know of the heartbreak we suffered while attempting to adopt a little girl in Zambia last summer. We spent three weeks there with three other families to adopt through an American Agency, and I say that lightly! It has been over a year since we returned to the US without our little girl and extremely heart broken. However, that trip did change my life. I am stronger than I have ever been and am more determined to help orphans and widows. It's hard to comprehend for others and sometimes even myself why such a disheartening trip would leave me even more determined, but all I can say is that it was a true Divine Intervention in my life. I have continued to stay in contact with the mother, who is HIV Positive, of our little girl and Rev. Zimba. Rev. Zimba is a wonderful man. He and his wife choose to live in poverty in the compounds of Lusaka to minister to the orphans and widows. We have sent him money on a regular basis to help out our little girl, her mother and two siblings. It is not enough, I know, but they are so grateful to have food that they weren't accustomed to having on a daily basis. You see, Mary (the mom) has HIV. Her husband died of AIDS over a year ago. Her husband's family was supposed to care for her and the children after the death of her husband. Instead they became greedy, made Mary and the three girls move off the property and took it over for themselves. That is how they ended up in the compounds and in dire circumstances.
I am starting an organization to help the orphans and widows under Rev. Zimbas care. It is to be called "One Child at A Time". I have ordered brochures and will be trying to recruit families to sponsor a family or child for 20 dollars a month. Rev. Zimba is going to register us in Zambia and I am going to take care of things on this side. I am very excited about this. Here is what the brochures look like. They have pictures on them from my trip to orphanages in Lusaka. Please pray for this organization to blossom and change lives, both here and in Africa.

This is the front. World was left off for some reason when I pasted it.

This is the back. They are going to be glossy.
No comments:
Post a Comment