Friday, November 21, 2008

A Whole Lotta

A whole lotta Thankfulness this year!
As I sit here in my house, my very warm house, I can't help but think of those who don't have a place to call home. A place where their four year old can run around without socks on in the middle of winter jumping on furniture that he constantly gets in trouble for. I am truly thankful for my home. We live in an old house. It is the home my Grandfather built, my dad and five siblings were raised in, my sister and I were raised in, and now my family's creating new memories in this cherished home. We actually had our home up for sale last year when I went to Zambia. We wanted a newer home with more living space. Although we have four bedroom's we don't have a family room and wanted five bedrooms. I thank God for sending me to Zabmia last year. I am so thankful, even through all the heartache of that trip. Through this time, I really came into myself. I will never take anything in life for granted again. The Lord deepened my passion for African Orphans when I thought I couldn't have any more passion then what I already had. I came to love my home and we took it off the market. I was going to Zambia to adopt. The adoption didn't happen, but I came away with a stronger faith and a closer relationship with my God. I saw Jesus in the many children that I cared for while in Africa. I saw Him, I touched Him, I fed Him, and cared for Him. I am thankful for the relationships I formed while in Africa and still continue to have. I am thankful for my little girl that I was able to spend three weeks with. I have become close with her mother and continue to support them financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Africa '07

Africa '07
Zambia

About Me

My photo
This blog is to supplement material taught in the musculo-skeletal section of Adult Health Nursing. Many resources are available including research based evidence practice guidelines and live links.