Friday, November 13, 2009

All about perspective!!!!

Well, we received news last Friday that there were issues with paperwork for some families with our adoption agency. They were going to let us know by Monday who all was affected. I knew we would be one of those families and it was confirmed via an e-mail from an agency rep. on Sunday. I won't lie, at first I was angry, really angry, yeah, so angry I wanted to punch someone in the face, anyone at that point , even my husbands face was looking like a great target Sunday night (poor Mike). Mixed in with was anger was a lot of crying and grief.

But, of course the more I prayed and talked to God about it all, I knew everything would be OK. I have had a feeling that God was waiting for something to happen within our family specifically before Mihiret would come home. I talked to my pastors wife a couple of months ago and told her I felt like God was waiting on Mike. I told her I felt like God was working in him and that this work was important and needed to be finished before bringing one of His children into our family and home. Well, when I received the news about our paperwork, it somewhat confirmed what I had been feeling. I know the answers aren't clear now, but I know when our blessed little one arrives we will be able to look back and see the answers we so desperately want right now. I know for me, I am choosing to trust in the Lord. None of this is new or Surprises Him, he has had this planned since the beginning of time.

I have also thought about a little one, with a not so great immune system arriving in December, or January, or February and right in the middle of this H1N1 season. This delay may have saved her life. And to be honest, none of this is about us anyway, it's about the kids. Maybe there is work for them to do before coming to their families, maybe they're purpose has not been served where they are yet. We may never know and we can blame and blame and blame, but in the end it won't change what is supposed to be. When we have all the little ones home with us this will all be a distant memory. Please pray for all the families affected by this, that they would have patience and trust in the Lord during this trial. Please pray that the children will grow in faith while waiting and will be loved and cared for.

1 comment:

Africa '07

Africa '07
Zambia

About Me

My photo
This blog is to supplement material taught in the musculo-skeletal section of Adult Health Nursing. Many resources are available including research based evidence practice guidelines and live links.