We have received yet some more disheartening news today. I spoke with our agency owner and asked straight up if he ever thought Mihiret would be paper ready and make it home. He told me she has no paperwork at all done on her in country. He said he couldn't say if it would happen within the next 1 or even the next few years. He said even though he thought her parents were both dead that they had to find a next of kin. They don't even have the death certs, nothing!!!!
He said we could get in the back of the line and wait on another referral, but we couldn't continue to wait on Mihret and also another referral. Well, I didn't tell him but I had already decided that if Mihret doesn't make it home that we are finished with adoption all together. So we have decided to wait 18 month's until the new I-171H renewal I just received is no longer active. If she isn't home by then, we are no longer pursuing adoption at all.
We have lost 35, now 40 thousand dollars in failed adoptions and it's not fair to the children I have at home to continue financially and emotionally. Most of this money was in loan form that we continue to pay on. Money that could have been put away for college for my boys.
I am heartbroken, nauseated, and feel quite numb right now. Please pray for our family for healing and please pray for Mihiret, who will continue to sit in an orphanage with no family to call her own. She knows no different as she has been there since around 2 months of age, but it just isn't fair to these children.

Oh Deanne , I am so sorry . I am the one who told you about Hope and I fell so bad and responsible . After everything you went through with Zambia I thought for sure that it will be fine this time. I had the perfect adoption with Ava and was CERTAIN that it would be like this for you too.
ReplyDeleteTry to stay positive though and you might get a surprise :) Would that be great . You deserve this baby .
This little girl would be so bless to have you as her mom. I know in your heart that she is already your little princess.
I will pray for you and for Mihiret. Pray that the mess in her paper are taking care of and that she comes home to you soon:)
Big hugs to you Deanne xoxoxox
Oh Deanne, I am so speechless. I just don't know what to say. I really don't know how much more you can take. Isn't there any way he can move her so another agency can get her paper ready?
ReplyDeleteI just don't understand how this agency can continue to refer children that are not 100% paper ready - this is just wrong and unethical. I just read another Hope Agency family that has waited about 2 years or so and was told to give up and there is one more single gal with them I know of that has waited forever. This is just crazy and those are just the ones I know of. I really hope you do whatever it takes to push them to get your daughter or return your money. It is much easier for them just to sit back and not do anything. It is not right that they keep the $ and never complete the adoption. Take care - I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteOh my Gosh ! I am so sorry to hear this.. I am part of the Not PAPER READY GROUP as well.. It is so heartbreaking.. I have no words.. I really wish they can redo this dreadful error. It is really the children that are suffering..
ReplyDeleteKeep the faith.