Friday, July 25, 2008

I may be doing surgery "literally"

For those of you that know me, SCARY huh!!! I have been discussing a job offer with the lead Pediatric Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon on the east coast. He practices at West Virginia University. I am soooooo excited about this opportunity, just wish I had found out about it much earlier, so if I take this job, I will have to quit my teaching job, but will have to at least finish out the fall semester so that they will have time to find a replacement.

I would be seeing patient's 1/2 the time in the clinic and the other 1/2 would be assisting Dr. Gus in the OR. This is my dream job. Those of you that know me know that ped's is my true love. And congenital heart's are my second love (in medicine anyway). For three year's I handled all the pedi medical and trauma patient's in a level one trauma center and I really miss working with the "little people". They are so much better to work with than "big people".

All you big meanie big people suck:)

1 comment:

  1. Deanne, I am off to work soon but I am so thrilled you opened up your blog. LOVE THE PICTURE of Ebony and Ivory! Yeahhhh, my girl from Zambia. This trip was deep and amazing, something nobody can ever take away from us, right?. Sorry, I know it has nothing to do with your post but I just wanted to let you know that I got your link. Thanks Girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Africa '07

Africa '07
Zambia

About Me

My photo
This blog is to supplement material taught in the musculo-skeletal section of Adult Health Nursing. Many resources are available including research based evidence practice guidelines and live links.