Last Friday, I went through the most extensive interview I have ever had in my life. I had already decided not to take the job with the best pediatric heart surgeon on the east coast that would have pretty much sealed my career as a nurse practitioner for OH! Say the rest of my life!! Not to mention that I would have a lot more money left over. Well the PA that works with him now, said just come in see what we have to say and then decide. So that is what I did. Now the 14 year old was all like "So will you make more money there?" and I said "yeah, a lot more" He said he was willing to sacrifice time with me so that I could make more money for the family,(when in essence, what he was really saying was, hey, you make more money which means a little more is going to trickle down to me and I'm a teenager who really doesn't need quality time with his mother anymore because she doesn't know anything anyway)
I met with seven different people for this interview that lasted over six hours. I met with the anesthesiologist, the perfusionist, the PICU Cardiologist, the Peds Cardiologist, Dr. Gus, administrative people. I was dizzy by the end of the day. So I come home and start discussing it with my lovey. He say's something that actually made sense (I know, WOW that's what I was thinking too for those of you that know my husband). He says I would rather you regret taking this job then regret missing out on something with the boy's. And he is soooo right. I prayed and prayed about it and I know the right thing to do is stay in my state of poverty as a nursing teacher. With us adopting, it is even more important for me to be in a job that I can just take off if my kid's are sick. I have so much flexibility with this job and I maybe work 25-30 hours a week and only eight month's out of the year. So the hard part is going to be calling them and turning this position down. I told Dr. gus to give me two weeks.
The really cool news is that same day, I had a very early appointment with our Pediatric Infectious Disease Specialist in Morgantown. She is a wonderful woman. She is also a Christian. She was soooooo encouraging about us adopting an HIV positive child. I told her I was worried about being able to handle it all and she said " You will not have any trouble handling this, you can do it". The Lord had prepared the way for this day. She answered a ton of question's for me and was very kind. I was leaving and she said " I see you when you come back with your baby girl". She also told me that she had just had a consultation with another WV family the week before. This family is adopting a sibling set of three. One has HIV and the other two do not. The sibling's have been separated and have only been able to see and talk to each other through a fence. Now these three are going to be raised together where they can hug and kiss each other, beat the crap out of each other, and all the other fun thing's sibling's are supposed to do. God is good!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment