I think the hardest part of motherhood is when one of your babies are sick. Little, little has a snotty nose. Have you ever heard of projectile snott? Well, that's what she has. It shoots out with every sneeze, kind of crazy!!!
The sixteen year old has also been sick for two days. No matter the age, my heart still hurts the same. He was so miserable last night, body aches, sore throat, and crying because he felt so bad that he couldn't even lay down and sleep.
I remember when the two oldest were little. When they were sick, I would panic and call my mom so she would be with me. I was so young and scared to death when their fevers would shoot up to 104. I was twenty when I gave birth to M and 23 with C. I would cry to my Mom telling her I couldn't do this, I couldn't handle them being sick. I thought it was the worst thing in the world.
Even though it still hurts my heart when they are sick, I loved being able to love on and care for the sixteen year old. Even though he knows way more than me, well actually I take that back, he knows EVERYTHING, he still needs his Mommy when he is not feeling well and I took full advantage of my opportunity to show him compassion and love.

No comments:
Post a Comment